This is 4G Home

Monday, August 8, 2011

Sprint, Clear: Team Evolution

The news finally arrived from Sprint, I said in my last article "Sprint's Future 4G LTE & Wimax", to expect some news soon from the Sprint camps on what their future technology of choice was going to look like, and they signed a multi billion $ deal with lightsquared, and that news is we are going LTE. I also reported that news would be coming from the Clear camp as well in this article:

Clear just made their announcement to go with this 4GX2 path, Wimax / LTE. I feel they should have made this decision six months ago, as this would have been a good move for new investment opportunity's. Clear needs to drive their technology in some new directions, break new ground. Wireless security, portable security, mobile security, now their is a direction to innovate in. I have tested such a device, and with outstanding results. Using a Lorex IP wireless camera, a Clear desk top modem, a netgear N router, and a Tekkeon lipo smart battery, This thing performed well, and for around 14 hours. Their are many directions to work with such a new technology. I'm not sure if their Clear spot will work with a wireless camera, but if it don't, I would get to work on that.

I am not just all pro Sprint, or Clear, other camps just make no positive news. Verizon is number one for a reason, they have an out standing network, and with the first to LTE, they are likely to stay on top for a good while.

I just feel that Sprint has a grip on 4G, and knows what the consumer demands. The decisions they make today will be tomorrows future superior network. Demand for bandwidth is increasing by the minute, and they are laying the ground work some super speed data. Just don't expect over night the 4G fairy to wave a magical wand and poof. But with the news of Sprint, LightSquared, and Clear getting on the LTE path almost in sync, this is the making of even bigger news in the coming weeks.

We must not try to understand the relationship between Sprint and Clear, this could make your brain hurt. Just know this, Clear is making decisions based on what sprint is dong. They are more on the same page than not. And when I am mentioning Sprint, I am also making reference to Clear. When I say they, Sprint has more spectrum than any other carrier, of course I mean the vast reserves of Clear, that Sprint has 54% interest in.

I can not begin to tell you how important clear is to the 4G echo space, I feel that if Clear had not had this vision to bring us wireless data on the fly, would we have 4G at all.




No comments:

Post a Comment